A rainy day*

Wednesday, June 16, 2010




"Il pleure dans mon coeur comme il pleut sur la ville
Quelle est cette langueur qui pénètre mon coeur ?"
Verlaine

When I was a little girl, I hated the rain, j'allais même pas sauter dans les flaques...
Now that I have growned up, I must admit that I like it, avec tous ces parapluies on se croirait dans un film de Fellini...
It changed.
Because of that poem by Verlaine.
Because my grandma used to whisper it in my ear when she was taking care of me as a child. And we used to say it to each other like a secret you just share with one person.
We had rain all day long yesterday.

She is not there anymore to whisper this poem to me. She left us six months ago today. I have the impression it was yesterday, have the impression it was ages ago. I miss her a lot these days. Like I never did. Because she would have had the right word, she would had given me the right look, she would have told me what to do. Because she knew me, we shared so much. And she could read into me like in an open book.
She would have told me to stay strong et de rien lâcher.

Believe me or not, yesterday morning, while I was having my cup of tea, at work, looking at the sky and les mouettes, I heard a whisper...


Of course, these gorgeous pictures are those of Elisabelle... A place full of beauty, delicacy and love. The perfect place for the perfect pictures I needed.