" La Photo c'est un peu une minute de silence "

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I am just out of Journal de France, the movie by Claudine Nougaret & Raymond Depardon. A private preview, the movie will be out next wednesday in France. I had a smile upon my face during 100 minutes and came back home, on my subway ride, with thousands of images in my head. I love the guy. His authenticity. His simplicity. How he works, most of the time alone, on his side, quietly... His point of view, how he photographs old men in a small village, how he films a woman who is walking in the desert, how he tries to focus on the human being. His blue eyes. His precision. I guess when you see a film that you want to see again as soon as you are out of it, it is a good sign. Et en plus, on voit un peu Jean-Luc dedans...