Elizabeth Schuppe #2

Friday, October 2, 2009


Hard Hearted II

Acrylic on canvas, 44"x46", 2009


Hard Hearted IV

Acrylic on canvas, 44"x46", 2009




Thank You So Far

Acrylic on canvas, 65"x70", 2009



Pearls on Five

Acrylic on canvas, 65"x70", 2009



Take Three

Acrylic on canvas, 65"x70", 2009


Elizabeth Schuppe has been my biggest painting crush for some time now. She just emailed me a few days ago to say she had some new pieces of art on her website. I really love the use of colours and the texture of the paintings. It reminds me of Rothko in a way. But a soft Rothko, with a palette of sweet colours, very delicate and feminine... A Cy Twombly use of the brushes... 

You can see more of her work on her flickr. All the paintings above are on sale. You can see the entire selection on her website or visit her studio in Dumbo, Brooklyn. I wish I could.