Das Corbusier Haus

Wednesday, September 8, 2010









If you are familiar with this blog, you'll know that I am in love with La Cité Radieuse in Marseille. If I stay in this town, that's where I would love to own an appartment avec vue sur mer...
There is also a Unité d'Habitation by le Corbusier in Berlin called Das Corbusier Haus. I hesitated a lot before going there. Because I knew it would be different, less authentic, without the roof top and the sea. But Georges insisted...


I must admit that I was surprised. It was almost raining and from far the building was almost intimidating... It was definitely different, smaller & peculiar inside, with the low ceilings and the grey colours everywhere. And an old guy who began to speak to me in german in the elevator which was a kind of lost in translation part of the day !


It was such an experience, as it is always with Le Corbusier...