Less is more #2

Wednesday, February 10, 2010






In architecture I do have two classic Big Loves.
Le Corbusier and Mies Van der Rohe.
Both for the simplicity of the lines and their efficiency. And both because they designed furniture I keep dreaming about. I am reading the Le Corbusier biography by Nicholas Fox Weber right now & I do learn aso much... And the quote Less is More by Mies Van der Rohe is one of my favourite ever...
In these pictures you can, of course, recognize Le Cabanon in Roquebrune & La Cité Radieuse in Marseille. And of course the Barcelona Pavilion. (I saw a fantastic video about architecture yesterday night and le pavilion was in it, tu parles d'une coincidence!)

The talented photographer behind these is Mary. If you are not familiar to her so joli blog (comment ça non ?), go ! Now !

PS : I'm on a day off today (youpi! du coup petit dej, croissants, chantilly, la totale...) and I'll be wasting time in La Cité Radieuse with Mini Diana, she's never been there, oh such a poor thing...